Wednesday, June 18, 2014

It's been how long?!?

I'm not quite sure what happened, but the blogging really fell to the wayside after my last post. (Obviously!) So here we are about three and a half months later, and there's been a heck of a lot of knitting to tell you about. I won't even try to get to everything in a single post, but if I start at the beginning and move forward, I'm sure I'll catch myself up at some point.

Why don't we start with socks?

In February, I finally, finally finished the cuff of the second sock from a pair I started last summer. What had stopped me in my tracks was getting to the end of one ball of yarn, and not feeling like re-threading a bunch of beads onto the replacement ball of yarn. (You know how that is, right?)

But once I'd steeled myself for the tedious re-threading, it wasn't long before my eldest daughter had herself a really gorgeous pair of new socks:

justspring

The pattern is Just Spring, by Sharon Fuller. The yarn is Stroll Glimmer, from Knit Picks.

A few days after finishing those, I was apparently still on a socks kick, because I grabbed a 100g ball of Regia Blitz Color (colourway #02527) and made a pair of socks for my middlest:

Completed, 'in action'

And then, from the leftovers, I made another pair for my eldest:

Completed

After that, I moved onto other things...which I'll talk about in a future post. (Honest!)

No comments: