Sunday, August 27, 2017

More from the big project

Four more patterns have been released from my upcoming collection of accessories!


Firstly, there's a set of three items: an earband, a cowl, and mittens. This is the Fouilloy Set, which is based on a motif from a 13th century Franco-Flemish manuscript, and is named after the text's author.


This is actually the design which started it all. I was trying to do justice to this anniversary present from my husband:


I didn't want to just make it into socks (although the socks would have been awesome); I wanted to make something that would last longer and be really visible and spectacular whenever I wore it. It took a while to get the right inspiration going, but I finally hit upon The Idea, and I'm super-pleased with it.

And then the fourth pattern is called Macclesfield:


It's inspired by a motif from The Macclesfield Psalter, a 14th century manuscript from East Anglia. This is an extremely toasty-warm scarf, as it's made from worsted weight yarn and is double thick (not to mention reversible).

That's it for now! Just two more patterns from this collection left to go.

1 comment:

Keja said...

These are all lovely Kathleen. I look forward to being able to purchase the collection!